Video is one of the best ways to increase your brand awareness. It is not only a relatively inexpensive medium; it is also one of the most effective ways to catch people’s attention.
When we find something visually exciting and mentally stimulating, we will stop whatever it is that we are doing to watch or look at it. Because of this, video is one of the essential marketing tools that successful businesses have in their arsenal.
If you have seen commercials on television, you will notice how they showcase their products in action, with their logo very prominent in the ad. This is what companies do to make people remember them.
In nearly all marketing strategies, increasing brand awareness should be one of your main priorities. If no one knows your brand or company, no one will buy your products or avail of your services. So if you want to increase your customer base and boost your sales, you must make a way for people to get to know your brand a lot better.
- 30% of people who shop online claim that they rely on video in discovering new products. These videos can be about anything: tutorials, reviews, or just a funny take on the product itself.
- According to a HubSpot study, 82% of consumers watch videos to learn more about a new product or service. When it comes to making a purchase decision, 81% of consumers are influenced by the video they watch online.
- 80% of marketers say that video has increased time spent on their website
- 83% of marketers believe that video gives them a good return on investment
- 96% of B2B organizations use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns
How Can Video Increase Brand Awareness?
You already have probably heard the saying “a picture is worth a thousand words”. If that’s the case, can you imagine just how much a video can deliver?
The main reason that video is effective in marketing a business is that it is quite efficient when it comes to sharing information with the viewer. This is because of how many elements in the video can convey a message — the facial expressions of the characters, the silence in between the dialogue, the body language, the text, and many more.
These cues may seem small and easy to neglect, but when all of these add up, you can use them to increase brand awareness, boost your brand recall, and maintain customer loyalty.
Why Video Marketing Works
Videos are known to be an effective marketing tool because it allows people to learn more about a product or service without requiring them to exert too much effort. If that’s the case, then how can you create a video that can increase brand awareness?
Here are some tips that you may want to consider:
Consider all the W's.
To create a video that can help build brand awareness, you need to identify the “5 W’s”: Who, What, When, Where, and Why.
- Who: Identify your target market and ask, who is your target audience? Be as specific as possible when making a buyer persona. Try to figure out where they live, how old they are, what their likes are, what interests them, and more.
- What: Know what type of content your target market wants to see. What kind of content appeals most to your customer base? There are many types of corporate videos that you can choose from: Product overview video (an excellent choice for creating interest in what you are offering), Demonstration video (this can appeal to the customers who are under your target market but have not tried your company yet), or a Brand video (to connect to your target market at an emotional level).
- Why should people watch? What do you want the viewers to do after watching the video? Do you want them to click on a link or sign up for an email list?
- Where should your distribute the video? Do you want to put it up on YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, your website, or other traditional channels?
- When will you launch the video? If you plan to post it on social media, you should also know if you’re going to post it in the morning or the evening.
Following these key areas of building brand awareness will give you the clarity you need to create videos that work to get attention and grow your business.
Always remember to keep the main goal of the video in mind.
Keep Your Videos Short
It's true—people love watching videos. But no matter how much people love them, the fact remains that watching a video for too long can be tedious. This is why it's best to keep most of your videos at around 2 minutes or so.
Short doesn't have to mean unappealing, though! If you can tell a compelling story in as short a time as possible, you're probably going to make an impact on your viewers' minds and hearts—and they'll remember your brand once they're done watching.
Video is the Perfect Way to Boost Your Brand
In today's digital age, it's becoming increasingly important to have a strong online presence. Businesses that rely on foot traffic and phone calls can no longer afford to ignore online marketing. And with an abundance of online brand-building strategies available, it can be difficult to know where to start.
Videos are one of the most effective ways for businesses to increase their brand awareness, and thus their reach, visibility, and conversions.
There are many ways in which you can use video as part of your online marketing strategy.
When it comes to video content, there are plenty of different types you can try out. You’re probably familiar with the explainer video, which you may have even seen on our website! Explainer videos are a great way to introduce your product or service in a visual and exciting way. Other popular types of video include testimonials and product demos.
We hope this post inspired you to give video marketing a try!