Case study videos and customer testimonials are a powerful way to highlight your customers' successes—along with how your company helps.
With case studies and testimonials, you're letting someone else do the talking for you. You can add these videos and text reviews to your website for visitors to see, or use them in emails or your social media posts to help attract new customers.
With video testimonials, you can provide the context of your relationship with that customer, so your prospects can learn more about why they chose you over the competition. And with case studies, it's a chance to show off not only what you've done for someone else, but also showcase the results they achieved as a result.
What is a Case Study Video?
A case study video is a piece of persuasive content that businesses use to illustrate the value of their products or services. It’s a customer testimonial video that adds authenticity to your marketing efforts.
Case study videos are important pieces of content for businesses to have in their arsenal because they can be used across all marketing channels. Whether you’re looking for something to share on social media, publish on your website, or show at a trade show—a case study video will do the trick.
Successful case study videos:
- Include on-camera interviews with customers
- Show how your business solves a specific customer problem
- Use statistics and figures to back up the customer’s story
- Focus on the benefits, not the features
If you're looking to produce video case studies and testimonials, consider these 3 tips:
- Consider the story
- Don't make it all about sales
- Keep it simple
What are the Benefits of Case Study Videos?
You know that your customers are the lifeblood of your business, and the best way to show potential new customers how great your product or service is? You guessed it: by showing them how great it is for your current customers. That’s why video case studies are an amazing marketing tool. Here’s why you need a video case study for your business:
- They’re persuasive: Having your customers deliver compelling reasons why your product works is powerful. Video is a direct and persuasive medium; viewers retain 95% of your message when they watch it in a video, and only 10% when reading it in text.
- They’re engaging: Your target audience is more likely to watch a short video case study than to read a text version of it. That’s because video marketing is more engaging. In fact, 72% of customers prefer to learn about a product through video compared with any other medium.
- They’re emotional: Video case studies deliver personal testimonials directly from your customers, which helps establish an emotional connection with the viewer. Connecting a human face to a story is powerful, and 95% of our decisions are subconsciously driven by our emotions.
Why Use Case Study Videos
Case studies are a powerful way to showcase your work and tell the story of how your business solved a problem for another company. But if you really want to grab the attention of potential clients, you should consider turning your case study into a video.
Video is one of the most effective ways to get your message across, whether you’re looking to attract new customers or sell more products online. Because people process visual information much faster than text, video can help you get your message across quickly while also making an emotional connection with viewers. If a picture’s worth a thousand words, then imagine what an engaging video can do for your marketing efforts!
By featuring a client in case study videos, you add a human element that’s difficult to achieve with a traditional, text-based case study. Interviewing clients in video allows potential customers to better understand how your products and services solve real-world problems. When properly executed, a case study video showcases the value of your work and helps grow your business.
Where to Use Case Study Videos
Once you have a compelling final product, you’ll need to consider how to get it in front of your target audience. Luckily, case study videos are versatile pieces of content that you can use across a variety of marketing channels. Here are some options to consider:
- Your website and blog
- Social media
- Email newsletters
- Trade show booths, meetings, and events
Create Your Case Study Video Today
At Video Supply, we partner with brands to produce compelling case study videos every day to help them achieve their business goals.
We’ve had the opportunity to work with a number of clients in a range of industries, from enterprise, tech to consumer goods. All these brands face the daunting challenge of establishing why they are needed in the market. And so, in order to effectively communicate their unique value propositions, brands need to create a case study video.
Case studies are a powerful way to tell your business’s story. They can take many forms, from simple product benefit videos to multi-person testimonials. By using stories told by real customers instead of corporate jargon, you create engaging content that resonates with your audience.
Get started today on creating your first or next high-performing case study video.