It’s no secret that video content is now a business essential for those who are serious about marketing.
But most people procrastinate.
They put video marketing in their too-hard baskets and never revisit it again.
Because the thought of speaking in front of the camera is intimidating.
But you don’t have to be an actor and extrovert to make great videos and come off comfortable and natural on camera.
All you need to do is follow these seven pro tips:
- Find a quiet space where you can focus and feel comfortable.
- Have your script ready, but don’t read it word for word.
- Act like you’re talking to one person, not an entire crowd—that way, you won’t feel as self-conscious about being on camera!
- Use a tripod or some other kind of stand for your phone or camera so that your hands are free to gesture as much as possible (this will also help keep them from shaking).
- Don't worry about looking perfect because no one will see any imperfections when they watch your video! Instead, just focus on how much fun you're having while making it!
- Practice, practice, practice. Practice filming yourself in front of a mirror so that way when you film in real life it won't be foreign to you at all (this is also good for practicing facial expressions).
- Smile and let your unique personality shine through the screen. This is one of the main factors that will help your brand stand out and be different.
There are many more tips you can learn and use that may be relevant to your own struggles that stop you from creating consistent video content but work on these first and the rest should take care of themselves.
And when you’re ready to polish up your videos with professional video editing then get started here.